TOP TEN REASONS
TO JOIN THE ILLINOIS RECYCLING FOUNDATION
1) Recycling is an integral part of improving the environment. It is an easy way to conserve resources, save energy and prevent water and air pollution. If you are lucky enough to work in the recycling industry or you simply care about recycling, you need to be a member of the Illinois Recycling Foundation. The Illinois Recycling Foundation, as created by the Illinois Recycling Association, has been the collective Voice of Recycling in the State of Illinois for 40 years!
2) Recycling is in the news now more than it has been in decades. People and businesses are questioning where materials are going. Being a member of the Illinois Recycling Foundation and adding the IRF logo on your website to show your membership gives clients the assurance that you are dedicated to protecting the environment.
3) Legislation Watch. As of September 2020, the Legislative Committee of the Illinois Recycling Foundation is the Illinois Recycling Association. The Legislative Committee of the Board of Directors watches all legislation proposed in the State of Illinois Spring and Fall Veto sessions. If a bill appears to impact a significant number of members, the Illinois Recycling Association takes a position. An effort is always made to gain feedback from members. Email alerts are sent even if the IRA is not taking a position but understands that some members might be concerned. This allows members to submit witness slips electronically expressing their support or opposition.
4) Networking with peers while learning about one of the many different types of reuse and recycling businesses can be a key to success in a stormy market environment. The Illinois Recycling Foundation offers tours and networking events along with an annual conference that provides access to one another to exchange tips and experiences. Membership also assures discounts on event fees for all employees of a member organization.
5) Membership in the Illinois Recycling Foundation includes complimentary membership in the National Recycling Coalition (NRC), a voice of many state organizations addressing issues on a regional and national scope. Click Here to Learn About the NRC.
6) Member-Only Content available only to current members who sign in to the IRF website with their email and unique password. Member-Only content consists of on-line voting, free webinars, member surveys, etc. Stay informed about everything.
7) The IRF Monthly Newsletter shines a spotlight on a member each month – a great way to showcase your business to the 500 people on our distribution list. The Newsletter is also posted on the IRF/IRA website and on our social media where it is viewable for up to 12 months.
8) Become involved! Join a committee. Get to know the current leadership and consider running for the Board of Directors. The current Board is a diverse wealth of knowledge and experience determined to educate and promote recycling in the State of Illinois. Click Here to View Bios of the Board of Directors
9) The website provides the opportunity to promote your organization by displaying your logo, describing your products / services to existing and potential clients and displaying pictures of your employees and operation. Click Here to Browse the website
10) The fee to join is reasonable and provides all the benefits listed above and more. Membership is on a calendar year basis. Join Today!